Monday, November 20, 2006

after

you slept all the time

and we were hardly ever sober

we put on weight and ate coco flavored

puffed wheat, watched films

and I don’t think it was ever a very healthy thing

but the big orange cat was so sweet

and he let you put hats on him and take his picture

and we called him moses because we rescued him and

that was his name

and we never changed it

I took video of the dirty dishes that Thursday

and now it’s sad to watch it over

and remember how the kitchen

smelled of gin and juice with tacky counters

and sometimes when I’m in a gas station

and I’m looking for you in Vancouver,

even puffed wheat breaks my heart,

because it’s sweet like gin and juice

and the orange cat with a silly hat on

har har

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Heather Glasgow said...

he tried to kill me this morning. that little bastard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home